Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Taco Soup
I’m guessing that there are quite a few of you out there that are just bursting with excitement for September, and mostly for all things FALL.
While I don’t enjoy the pumpkin spice latte craze, I do love the fact that fall brings warm crockpot stews and soups back to the table, which is exactly what inspired today’s recipe!
I love taco soup, and I knew there had to be a way for me to make one of my favorite soups while staying 100% on track on the Jenny Craig program.
Note: If you’re not on the Jenny Craig program, see my original taco soup recipe here.
3/4 cup mexican style diced tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1- 1 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
1 – 1 1/2 tsp. ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup spiralized onion
1/2 cup spiralized bell pepper
2 roasted hatch chiles, sliced (optional)
dash of cumin
salt and pepper
1. Separate the parts of the cheeseburger, removing the bun and the cheese from the burger. Cook your burger on a small plate in the microwave for 60 seconds and set aside.
2. In a sauce pan prepared with cooking spray, saute the onions and peppers until they are tender, about 5 minutes stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, chop the burger you warmed in the microwave and add it to the pan.
4. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, and spices to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer for 8 minutes to allow for flavors to combine.
5. Chop the cheese you set aside earlier, as you’ll use it for a topping. Also finely chop some cilantro as well for garnish. Pour soup into a medium bowl and top with cheese and cilantro. Cheese will melt with the warmth of the soup. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.
I’m guessing that there are quite a few of you out there that are just bursting with excitement for September, and mostly for all things FALL. While I don’t enjoy the pumpkin spice latte craze, I do love the fact that fall brings warm crockpot stews and soups back to the table, which is exactly…
Powered by WPeMatico